Tuesday, February 7, 2012

5 Minute Free-Write

The Lululemon video, "Sh*t Yogis Say", that we watched in class today was poking fun at "yogis", people who are proficient in yoga. It was funny to be able to relate to the phrases dropped in the video since I take an abs, ballet, yoga/pilates class 5-6 times a week. The references to organic and BPA3 foods were humorous since I consider myself a health conscious person and catch myself when I sound "full of it".

A lot of videos similar to this one are springing up across in the internet - the first one I came across was called "Sh*t Girls Say", that exaggerated phrases many females say and numerous behaviors of ours were over-emphasized, but the video was still enjoyable to watch because it was true. These videos have become popular and the way I see it, sometimes it's okay to laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment